NFL season is here! I would much rather be AT a game than sitting at home, but we can’t have it all. 😉 One thing that makes NFL season extra fun is the food. I always try to make sure I accompany my “desserty” snacks with some healthy options as well. Moderation is key. That being said, here are a few of my favorite football snacks:
1. Snappers (Pictured Above):
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty, you will LOVE these! The Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Snappers are my favorite flavor. It’s a pretzel topped with dark chocolate, a little bit of caramel, and sea salt. Snappers was kind enough to send us a bag to try and they are great! They even sent me an indulgent Milk Shake Recipe to share with you (In case it happens to be cheat day 😉 ). All you need is 10 oz Chocolate ice cream, 5 oz whole milk, 1 cup hot fudge, 2 tbsp crushed pretzels, 1T mini dark chocolate chips, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp sea salt. Top with a Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Snapper. Available at Costco stores nation wide and on EdwardMarc.com.
Chips and guac are a must when watching football.
- 2 Medium Onions, Fine Dice
- 3 Medium Limes, Juice
- 4-6 Medium (about 2 Cups) Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- 2 Medium Jalapeno Peppers, Stems, Seeds and inner white ribs removed, Fine Dice
- The Secret Ingredient – 1 Small can (8 Oz)Crushed Pineapple in Natural Juices
- 12 Medium (about 8 Cups) Avocados, Cut in half, Pit removed and scooped out of shell. Crushed into paste
I haven’t tried this specific recipe, but check out these healthy buffalo chicken roll ups featured below!
Hummus is a great dip that can be used with chips or veggies. You can make your own or pick up some from your local grocery store!
Zucchini Fries. Don’t knock em’ till you try em’. Check out our Zucchini Fry Recipe!
What’s your favorite football snack food?